Saturday, December 1, 2007

halftime report

I just went down to the field, and I can assure you, it's cold down there. In particular, the Ledyard sideline is entirely in the shade, though I can't imagine the sun helping the Berlin players too much. Dropped balls are understandable here, when you can't tell if the ball has hit your hands yet.
The trainer tells me there are no injuries of note to report, which is good for both teams.
I couldn't get any word from the coaching staff, but one person familiar with the Berlin team told me they don't look as sharp today as on Tuesday. But, they added, it would be tough to be as sharp as they were that night against Bristol Eastern. I'll add myself that Connelly seems to be in the zone.
As the players came out of the locker room, coaches yelled 'go get your title'. They might be 24 minutes away.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home