Friday, February 22, 2008

follow up on Southington

After watching Southington play New Britain two more times, I'm convinced the Knights could win the LL title (particularly with what I see as a moderately friendly road in the tournament) if things go the right way. They can clearly play with the best teams in the state, and if they hit their shots they are not just good, but great.
Somebody asked me in a comment to my last post whether I thought Southington might be on the verge of another run of dominance as they have had in past eras, and to be quite honest I don't see it. Southington will always be a good team in LL, because of the size of the school, but it is not a town that breeds basketball players, or a private school that has a culture of great teams and therefore attracts players. Dynasties are created at a younger level with youth programs, and I'm not sure that exists in Southington.
Besides, Munson is graduating, and there are questions as to just how good the Knights will be next year, even with a lot of talent returning. But I'll be rooting like hell for them in the next two weeks.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home